Eastside Fire & Rescue Cadet Program
The Eastside Fire & Rescue Cadet Program provides young adults valuable insight into a career in the fire service. It offers hands-on training and community outreach opportunities while alongside career firefighters. Early career development is critical and this program acts as a stepping stone to reach those goals.
Each Cadet will gain personal confidence, responsibility, leadership, and teamwork values. During the program you will learn about firefighting, emergency management, problem solving, and community service.
To qualify for the program, you must:
- Be between the ages of 16-20 years old (ages outside of this will be considered on a case-by-case basis)
- Be enrolled in or a graduate of a high school or GED program
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Be in good physical condition (must pass the Cadet Physical Abilities Test)
- Have a strong desire to pursue a career as a firefighter
- 3-month minimum commitment with a 75% drill attendance expectation.
- Eastside Fire & Rescue’s Station 85 in Carnation acts as a home base for the Cadet Program. However, drills rotate throughout various Eastside Fire & Rescue fire stations in Woodinville, Sammamish, Issaquah, and North Bend. Also, our cadet program partner agencies Fall City Fire Department and Snoqualmie Fire Department host drills.
- Training Calendar
- Monthly drills are held year-round:
- First Saturday - 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Third Saturday - 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Cost: There is no cost to be in the program.
How to Apply?
Review the fire cadet selection process, complete the fire cadet application forms, and train for the Cadet Physical Abilities Test. Limited spots available.
- Fire Cadet Selection Process
- Fire Cadet Application Forms
- Cadet Physical Abilities Test
Return Applications to: email@example.com
Questions? Contact (425) 200-8082 or email firstname.lastname@example.org