Fire Safety Burn Bans:
- Issued by the King County Fire Marshal when dry weather conditions heighten the risk of wildfires.
- EF&R has issued a seasonal moratorium on Residential Burning between June 15 through October 16. This applies to ALL outdoor burning, except recreational fires.
What is a Recreational Fire?
- Be built in a metal or concrete fire pit
- Not grow larger than 3-feet around
- Be set in a clear spot free from vegetation for at least 10-feet in width
- Be at least 25-feet from any structure
- Allow 20-foot high clearance from overhanging branches
- Be watched at all times by an alert person with equipment capable of putting the fire out
- Gas and propane stoves and barbeques are allowed under the ban
Air Quality Burn Bans:
- Imposed by Puget Sound Clean Air Agency when air pollution is at an unhealthy level.
For additional information please visit the Puget Sound Clean Air Agency.